Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Baby Book Alternative

It has been an incredibly busy week this past week!!! I am so glad for it to be done. I hope that you all had a spooktacular Halloween holiday! We certainly did here! Enjoyed a fun, yet rainy, night filled with some awesome company, great food, and tons of candy!! Jocelyn seriously racked up this year! 
She did only get one vanilla tootsie roll, which made me very sad... I love those things and this is really the only time of the year that I get to enjoy them!

I have recently started writing in a journal... Not just any journal, but a journal to my sweet 4-year-old! She has been deprived of a baby book since she was born and that's really bothered me since I found out. Had I known her's wasn't up to date sooner I could have taken up the task of filling in everything, but it's just too late at this point to really be able to fill in everything. There were many things I didn't know to be able to fill in unfortunately. So. I'm making a journal for her! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else every doing this for their child, but I thoroughly love this idea! I started it back at the beginning of October and have put in a good couple of entries thus far!
I've tried to write something in it once a week at the very least so far. I've wrote about some of her favorite things currently, and how me and her dad met, and a few other important past events that she should be able to know about. I also wrote updates on things that are happening her life that are special and exciting! Like how she started adding numbers for me the other day!! I couldn't believe it, she's four and can add numbers! It was seriously such a proud moment for me!
Starting this project has been such a rewarding thing for me to do for her! I've loved this so far... It feels so good to be able to share all these stories with her on paper for her to be able to read later on! I'm going to try and continue writing about special events in her life and then other stories I feel she should know about. The last one I wrote was about the man God intends for her to marry and how amazing he's going to be for her when they meet.
I plan on giving this book to her as a gift when she's older. Either as an 18th or 21st birthday present or as an engagement present for when she does finally meet that man God has made for her! I think this will be a million times better than having a baby book for her to look through when she's older!! :)

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment