Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Creepy Crawly Halloween Wreath - Halloween Day 3

I have found many similar wreaths like this one for Halloween, but I completely free-handed this one! No help from Pinterest what so ever! I can NOT wait to put this super fun addition to our house up on our door next month when we start to decorate!
I really hope that it creeps some people out when they come to the door and see it!

I, unfortunately, made this over a month ago so I have no tutorial images to share with you all. I will explain how I made this fun wreath as best I can, though!

What you'll need for this project:
  1. wreath
  2. plastic spiders
  3. hot glue gun
  4. ribbon
  5. spider webbing
I used a hay wreath (bought from Michael's!!). They have three different sizes, I chose the medium sized wreath. I almost bought one that was made out of a similar material as the traditional Christmas wreaths are made out of, only it was black and sparkly! I'm SO glad that I found the hay wreaths... I think it looks more like the spiders took it over while it was "put away."

I also bought all of my spiders from Michael's. I bought two 6 packs of black spiders and then another set of three that could be clipped onto something (a headband, perhaps!). One of those three was larger, so I made her the "queen" and placed her on top.

The webbing is that stuff that everyone uses to decorate doors, windows, and porches and can be found at Michael's, Wal-Mart, K Mart, and probably a few other places around your area.

I started out by cutting a section of the webbing off of the bundle. I started to stretch and stretch that stuff all around my wreath till it covered it and looked realistic. The hay really helps tack the webbing down so I didn't have to do a whole lot of work on keeping it in place.
When I did need some help, I took needles and pinned the webbing down where I needed to come back and glue it in place so as to hold it better.

Once the webbing was stretched and glued, where it needed it, I then wrapped my ribbon around the top of the wreath. I chose that particular one because it went to well with my idea... It's black and sparkly, too!

Then the fun part was placing all my creepy crawlers around their new home!
The one hanging in the middle is doing just that, hanging. I didn't need to glue him. He was pretty stuck once I tried to pull him back out.
I also stuck a really little one on the inside of my wreath, you can barely see him from this photo.

I had so much fun making this! I don't like real spiders, but fake ones are pretty okay in my book.
Here's the full view of it all put together!
I wish you all good luck on your own wreaths, webbed out or not!! :)

- Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment