Monday, September 16, 2013

The Black Rat Pack - Halloween Day 1

 Halloween Decorating. So simple and fun! Paper Mice Decorations. How to make them from Martha Stewart
I stumbled upon this seriously cool photo on Pinterest one day. I looked closely at it for a while, coming back to it a few times and running across it else where a little later on. I decided to invest some time into discerning how this set up was created, thinking it to be way more difficult that it really is. Come to find out, it's incredibly easy!! A little time consuming, yes, but so simple.

The credit for this super fun Halloween decor has to go out to Martha Stewart (of course!). [I'll post a link to her page for this at the end.]

So, that being said... All that you need to make this Halloween project happen is scissors, black construction paper, white pen/gel pen, a rats template (found here: http://www.marthastewart.com/sites/files/marthastewart.com/images/content/web/pdfs/pdf1/1005_creepymice.pdf ), and then some double sided tape OR fun-tac.
Print out the rat templates and you're good to go!! Start tracing and cutting out those rats for your stairwell this Halloween season! You could even do these for your stairs outside if you laminate them for more durability!

I have 15 stair backs to cover for my stairwell. I'm estimating cutting out 35-40 rats, just to make sure that I have enough to cover my stairs. I currently have around 22 rats cut out for our stairs here, and it is time consuming. I usually will sit and work on them at night after I've gotten Jocelyn in bed and am just watching a movie, relaxing before bed time for myself.
I will HAVE to post a picture of my own stairs once these creepy critters are plastered over them! And I encourage you to do the same once yours is finished next month as well!!

As promised, the link to Ms. Martha's website where you can find the originals for this rat pack is here: http://www.marthastewart.com/271198/paper-mice?czone=holiday%2Fhalloween-center%2Fhalloween-center-decor&gallery=274730&slide=271198&center=276965

Hope your nights are filled with inspiration!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment