Sunday, September 22, 2013

Potions Kit Pt. 2 - Halloween Day 7

You will now have a very stiff, wrinkly piece of paper! Mine took right around two hours to dry, by the way.

And you'll need some scissors for this part as well, and a pen. I'm using a sharpie pen to write my potion names onto the paper.

Part One: cut off a good sized piece of your paper. After you cut it start to tear around the edges to make it look old and worn some more. Have some fun with this and make it really uneven around the edges!
This is my first "label" for my potions.

Step Two: You get to have the fun, creative part of naming all your ingredients!! I have found a website that gives a list of all the potions ingredients that were used throughout the Harry Potter books! The website can be found here: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_potion_ingredients
There are some pretty cool names for ingredients here, some that I'd even forgotten about!

Step Three: After you've written your name on your label rub some hot glue onto the back of your label and then place it on your bottle where you see fit! Your result should be a pretty cool, hand-made, potions jar!


I've made a "Dragon's Blood," "Unicorn Hair," and a "Night Shade" so far!
I'm so excited to be able to make he rest of them! I'll post a photo of my whole set together once I'm done with everything!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment