Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sparkly Spider Webs - Halloween Day 4

I found the idea for this on Pinterest... Sparkly webs to display around your home! I thought they were pretty cute!
This is my first one! They are SO easy to make AND your kids can help you or make their own with you!!

You'll need:
  1. Elmer's glue bottle(s)
  2. Glitter
  3. Wax paper

To make these, lay out your wax paper (SHINY SIDE UP!!!). Think of the pattern you want to lay out, then just start to use the glue as your pen or pencil and draw your web! Do it a little thicker than you'd think, it can break once it's all dried.
Once you're done with your drawing start shaking that glitter!! Cover it all up with glitter. You can easily pour excess back into your container, LET THE WHOLE THING DRY BEFORE YOU SHAKE OFF THE GLITTER!!!
After it's dried and you've re-stored the remaining glitter, peel it off. Be careful as you're doing this. I started at the corner of my web and peel it up then started to run my thumb nail up each of the lines to get it off the paper.
I'm thinking of putting some of mine on my door with my wreath to make it a little more fun and then in the corners of doors around the house.
My full webs, circles, I'm placing under pumpkins on tables!
Be creative with yours!! Encourage your kids to use different colors and designs, if they want to! Jocelyn, I think, wants to make a pink one for her room... I'm laying out a lot more paper when we make hers!!

Please enjoy this sparkly craft for Halloween! It's something fun for the kids to get involved in, too (which is always good!) And I LOVE how easy these are to make!!!!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment